What might we have learned at Newmarket last week? FAR ABOVE could be very good if he goes to The Prix L’Abbaye, where he will almost certainly get the damp ground he prefers, despite spanking 11 others in The Place House Stakes. Does KAMEKO get 10f or 12f? My guess is he’s quite likely to get 12f, but then I haven’t run the old Doasage meter over him yet. The Derby must surely be his next stop. It is entirely conceivable that he could be joined by PALACE PIER. However, WALDKONIG doesn’t go to Epsom, and won’t go further than 10f and probably needs a nice Flat course, judging by his tap-dancing up the Rowley Mile. PINATUBO goes to The St James Palace and MISHRIFF will miss Epsom as well and head to Ascot for The Hampton Court. RUN WILD will NOT go for The Oaks, (please say you didn’t take the 12s from 33s about her), but I would be delighted if QUEEN DAENERYS did, as she came on as though 12f would be right up her street. You can get 33s now, and if she took up the challenge, I can easily see her going off closer to 8s.
The results for Sunday still kept us pretty OK for the week, which if one were to ignore our stunning French successes last weekend, still meant we were only 3-4% down on turnover. I am relaxed with that.
- 1:50 FIRST IN LINE e/w 3rd 4/1 -0.2pts
- 2:05 FANNY LOGAN win Lost 2nd -2pts
- 2:25 WEST END CHARMER e/w Won 7/2 +7pts
- 2:40 ELARQAM win Lost 2nd -2pts
- 3:00 TIEMPO VUELA win 7th Lost -2pts QUEEN DAENERYS e/w 2nd 7/1 +0.96pts = -1.04pts
- 3:15 SPACE BLUES win Won 5/2 +5pts
- D’BAI e/w 6th Lost -2 pts
- 3:35 QUADRILATERAL to win Lost 3rd, LES HOGUES e/w 14th Lost ROSE OF KILDARE e/w Lost 9th Total -6pts
Total for 1000 Guineas Day tips. -1.24
|TOTAL FOR THE FIRST WEEK||+34.26|