- The Competition is known as The Single Stable Competition until someone has a better idea.
- There will be a maximum of 40 players.
- Should a player no longer wish to play, he should inform his fellow players, allowing them time for a replacement to be found – BEFORE THE COMPETITION STARTS.
- ONCE THE COMPETITION HAS STARTED, PLAYERS ARE DEEMED LIABLE FOR THE STAKE
- It is preferred if new players are known personally or by reputation to at least two other players.
- A pool will be formed consisting of each player’s entry fee, the fee to be agreed at the Annual Lunch. In 2018 the fee for the 2018/19 competition was set for three years minimum at £150 per entry.
- The fee is payable at the end of the competition. Submission of a list of twelve horses is deemed an agreement to settle at that time.
- 70% of The Pool will be given to the Winner; 20% to the Second and 10% to the Third.
- Every player shall forward to the Organiser a list of twelve horses before the NH racing season commences, taken to be the first day of the Cheltenham NH season and the final day of The Punchestown Festival.
In 2020-21 this will be Friday 23rd October 2020 through to Saturday 1st May 2021.
- The twelve horses must all be trained by the same, named, trainer.
- More than one player may select the same trainer.
- Horses that no longer race for the originally chosen stable for any reason will not score if they race under another trainer’s name.
- No replacements will be allowed for horses removed under Rule 13 or as a result of critical illness. However, on 1st February a further two horses may be added to a player’s list which must be trained by the trainer named and selected by the player at the beginning of the season. No other changes will be accepted for any reason.
- Results shall be calculated by a theoretical stake of one pound to win on each selected horse each time it runs.
- All races under Jockey Club Rules and races run outside the UK that are reported by Raceform Interactive (part of The Official Form Book) may be included; All Weather Track racing is included regardless of code.
- The declared Raceform S.P. price will operate, without a cap. In the case of overseas races, the price will be determined by reference to the principal betting medium of the overseas country (for example, pari-mutuel in France) or Industry SP, whichever is principally declared in Raceform interactive.
- At the conclusion of each season, the results calculated as above by the Organiser shall be final.
ANNUAL LUNCH, RULE AMENDMENTS and OTHER CHANGES
- There will be an annual celebratory Lunch, the venue to be arranged by that season’s competition winner, who will be responsible for the drinks before lunch. The cost of the lunch is to be shared by those attending and settled on the day. (Late cancellations resulting in non-attendance will be deemed liable for their share.)
- The Lunch will be held on the third Wednesday in September.
- At that lunch, those attending will be deemed to have formed a quorum and will discuss and amend any rules considered necessary and the level of the entry fee for that year – the majority vote holding sway.
- The only position per se in the Competition shall be that of Organiser. The Organiser shall take responsibility for organising, judging and settling the result of the competition. His/her word will be final in the event of a dispute.
COMPETITION MEMBERS 2019 (Invited)
JULIAN ARMFIELD – DAVID BELLAMY – BELINDA BOYD – NICK BOYD – NIGEL BUNTER – JOHN CARRINGTON – KEN CARTER – GAVIN CASEY – ROBERT COBB – FABIAN ECCLES-WILLIAMS – GUY EGERTON-SMITH – BILL ESDAILE – MIKE FOY – TIM HAILSTONE – CHARLIE HARRIS – COMPTON HELLYER – WOODY HELLYER – JONATHON HILL – SAM HOSKINS – DIARMAID KELLY – GUS KELLY – FIONA MARNER – RODNEY PETTINGA – HENRY PONSONBY – MARK SHERWOOD – JOHNO SPENCE – STEVIE RICHARDS – RICHARD VENN