The brief version of Saturday’s diary was: Woke – Breakfast – Form – More Form – Watch Racing – Bath (as in water, not the little spa racecourse) – Theatre – Dinner – Sleep. The eight words intervening between Woke – Dinner – Sleep, really cannot do justice to the desultory nature of the day. I am delighted to see Altior and Native River do the business – the latter won’t win the Gold Cup, Altior might win the Champion Chase.
- 1:50 NEWBURY ANYTIME WILL DO beaten a neck into 4th Lost -2.
- 2:05 WARWICK TORPILLO Blundered 6th Lost -2
- 2:25 NEWBURY DYNAMITE DOLLARS ran an absolute blinder given he’s just out of Novice company and had only six chase starts. 3rd 12/1 +2
- 2:40 WARWICK CODED MESSAGE 3rd Lost -2
- 3:00 NEWBURY A TOI PHIL 4th place at 22/1 +4.5
- 3:15 WARWICK GALA BALL 4th -2
- 3:35 NEWBURY NEFF – THEBANNERKINGREBEL – ECCO – MACK THE MAN A catalogue of various disasters. All Lost -8
- ADRIMEL NR
Balance Cfwd 1.75 pts. Weekend’s P&L -9.5 pts Balance Cfwd as at 9th Feb. -7.75 pts