- 14:45 Goodwood LADY LYNETTA 2pts win
- The entries in the two-year old races at Newmarket’s Cambridgeshire meeting are a good guide to the view of trainers on their young charges. Richard Hughes is doing well with two-year olds this year and over the last ten weeks has a strike-rate of 14.29% and is +37.25 to a £1 stake. He has entered LADY LYNETTA in the Rockfel Stakes and she is his only entry. On her debut she went off at 50-1 but finished third only 3l behind Wejdan – who is a very smart Haggas filly entered in the Cheveley Park. Obviously there is a risk of an improver in a race like this but LADY LYNETTA is fancied to win.
- 15:50 Goodwood GRACEFUL MAGIC 1pt e/w
- Gutaifan’s first crop of progeny are in incredible form and have won five of the eight UK races they have ran in. Today there are four of them running and, remarkably, all four go in this race, making up 50% of the field. So which one will win? I could fancy all of them but the selection has good form against the favourite and will appreciate the return to 6f. She is also Eve Johnson-Houghton’s only entry in the Rockfel and she has a great chance of getting in the first three and a good chance of winning. Her sisters provide the danger alongside Miss Villanelle and Rose of Kildare. GRACEFUL MAGIC is very well weighted against the latter and is my pick.
- 19:30 Salisbury WAR EAGLE 2pts win
- Formerly a winner with John Gosden this gelding by Australia hasn’t yet delivered for his new trainer. However, he ran with merit on unsuitable ground at Chepstow last time and will relish the conditions at Salisbury.Today he is Ian Williams only runner at Salisbury where he has a 47.1% strike record. With cheekpieces back on and the red hot Jim Crowley steering he might well cross the line first today.
- 20:45 Kempton ANTIDOTE 1pt e/w
- Like many of Dark Angel’s progeny this grey gelding is at his best on the AW and is well weighted on his best form. He is today’s longshot and is currently available at 10-1.
THE PHAROAH OF GALWAY